11 January 2004

"Die Unterrichtsstunde" theater play










lightdesign

sometimes you get an chance and have to jump into the cold water. when stage designer vanda sturdza approached me if I would like to do the lightdesign for her next job I immediately thougth of james turell and said yes. we ended up doing the play in a smaller theater than planned, so I had to pull some tricks which did not seem normal for a theater play. (bouncing of some showcard, using lots of diffussion) but in the end it worked out really nice. it was very interesting not to be thinking from shot to shot but in a two hour conzept which was really rewarding because you get to see the light queues right away and diidn't have to wait till someone would sneek you into the editing room ... but I can't remember ever being that nervous on a job as on the day of the premiere. no take two, no reload - it's live and that's it! two more pictures in the archive.

No comments: