06 May 2007

Text on Light

I was asked to write a text on light for the austrian film festival for the feature film "Fallen" (see posting September 2005) from my point of view as a gaffer. Dop on the job was Bernhard Keller. For some time now I have been interested in theoretical (lighting) work to be able to offer the DoP a broader scope of possibility's. Artistically and of course technically. At the time I am doing a lot of research and writing concerning the use of compositional tools in lighting. I hope to have some published texts in english soon.
To view the text (which is in german) please use the following link and click on "#32 Fallen" dir. Barbara Albert.
Diagonaletext

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there,

Have you got any articles written in English yet?? I'd be very interested to read one!

Cheers.
Chris - Sydney Australia

jakob ballinger said...

nope not yet! i want to get it published and it will still take some time to get everything done. till then: da vinci diary's have some amazing chapters on light!