06 May 2007

"Der Tod und ich" short film

My Best Boy is making the move towards becoming a DoP, so of course, we all jumped in our trucks and went to the Styrian countryside to help him out on this fairy tale like story. I am really happy that we were able to get some wonderful lighting setups. For a year or so now we all have been discussing on how to find a new approach to lighting. I have been obsessed with Kandinsky's "Point and Line to Plane" in which he talks about his compositional theories. I have been using my spare time to study his work and find a way to bring his thoughts in to the three dimensional space and now we were having the chance to test our thoughts! I especially like the lines we summed up on the wall in the sleeping room (which we achieved with a bunch of mini brutes) Well, we'll see how long I still have the last say before my Best Boy starts telling me which lights to set up. He is quite some talent!
To the Pictures

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jakob
I was wondering if there was a copy of this short film on the internet, I'd love to see it, the lighting in those photos looks fantastic, nice work. How is your Best Boy going, whats he doing at the moment? I'm a Best Boy who has aspirations of being a cinematographer some day.

Regards

Chris - Best Boy
Sydney Australia

Anonymous said...

hi chris,

mario is working on michael hanekes new film at the moment.
here is the official homepage:

http://www.dertodundichaufreisen.com