06 May 2007

Mag. art Jacob Byron Ballinger

This is a nice posting to write. I was accepted to film school 11 years ago; working as a electrician was just not enough for me to learn the trade of a gaffer. During school my career took off - no time left to study. A few months ago I got a letter from the university letting me know that if I did not finish school at the latest 30th of April 2007, I would not be able to graduate. So... I had to cancel two feature films, sit down and do lots of paper work and exams - and on the 30th of April, at 10:45 I finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey,

I Know this is an old post but I found this comment quite interesting. I was wondering if you could tell me the way in which film school helped to make you a better gaffer. I myself am currently working as 3rd electrics etc and I also have interests in, story and coverage, but at the same time my main obsession is LIGHT. I think, If we think of ourselves as "film makers" we can use light in a much more profound way, rather than just thinking of ourselves as technicians.

Cheers,
Chris - Sydney Australia