10 June 2007

The path out of abstraction

Christian Berger, my former professor and international acclaimed DoP asked me to join him along with a bunch of students and other DoP's to a light seminar in Croatia. For some years now he has been studying Wolfgang Goethes Books on color and light and presenting his work in a light seminar. On the remote island of .. where one can be in total darkness, no artificial light blinds the human night vision. So 14 light obsessed people sat down for 10 days, reading texts, discussing light, looking at light and learning from nature. An experience that has truly changed my perspective on light. I had never experienced working and learning with light - without having to work with tools to manipulate it. This freedom gave me the space to look and reflect.

No comments: